It's been another whirlwind week, so we experiment with covering five topics each in 20 minutes.
Please help support Pantsuit Politics by becoming a patron and enjoying all of our bonus content.
Thanks to our sponsors for this episode:
School’s out for summer! And Redbox has the video games to keep you entertained. With over 40 thousand locations nationwide, you can rent and return anywhere. Better yet, you’ll get a FREE 1-night game rental from Redbox when you use the promo code PANTSUIT6. Swing by a Box in your neighborhood, or if you want to make sure the game you want is there when you arrive, reserve it online at Redbox.com/games. Offer valid through August 4, 2017. Subject to additional terms. Charges apply for additional nights. Payment card required. Getting into video games has never been so easy!
Rent the Runway allows you to finally get the wardrobe you love. Rent the Runway’s Unlimited subscription gives you access to premium designer styles for work, weekends and everything in between – at a flat monthly price. Rent unlimited designer pieces – including tops, jackets, handbags, and jewelry – on rotation, and enjoy the thrill of new clothes without the commitment, closet space, or buyer’s remorse. And now, our listeners can get 25% off their first month by entering the code PANTSUIT at checkout.
Here's our lightening round!
1. The President's interview with the New York Times is really something. We also discuss 'The Daily': Life as a G.O.P. Congressman in the Trump Era
2. Apologies to Ann Coulter -- she paid for extra leg room not an extra seat. Here's the article Sarah mentioned about observations v. expectations - The Silent Killer Of Relationships — Derek Harvey.
3. We're sending our thoughts to Senator McCain.
4. Leah asked for our thoughts on Charles Koch's interview with Freakonomics.
5. This episode of Criminal about the clergy abortion network blew us away.
6. Jana gave Beth a great intro suggestion, as the struggle to identify with the parties continues.
7. Our listener Peggy thinks the President's remarks about Brigitte Macron were directed at the French President.
8. The President's remarks on healthcare are concerning.
9. Our maternal death rates are shockingly high.
10. Kris Kobach, please stop talking.